Friday, 17 May 2013

Post Show Blues Make Me Smile

Cupcake Lisa here!

So our Charity Pin Up Postcard images have went LIVE this week & so far, the response has been fabulous! So much love & support & the press interest has been phenomenal! We're super excited to start selling the postcards & hopefully raise loads for our 2 chosen charities, ERSKINE & The STV Appeal!

After our lovely reveal evening last Saturday at Autumn Leaf Studios, I awoke on the Sunday with a heavy heart. What a wonderful get together it was, with over 50 guests, in this stunning venue, celebrating 4 years of Cupcake fun! PERFECT! I can only liken the feeling to the post-show blues that, since I was little, I have been prone to getting after a performance or a big event. Even as a flower girl at a wedding when I was 5, I was struck down by this horrible sadness that it was all over. What can I say....I've always loved a show!! With over 55 Cupcakes gigs last year alone, I thankfully haven't suffered this gloominess with every performance but something about last Saturday's event made me feel something.

With any event you plan so much goes into the smallest of details. The who's, what's, where's & ifs are deliberated over & fine tuned to ensure it all goes swimmingly. For us, we wanted our guests to have a lovely evening-to feel at ease & relaxed & enjoy our performance, the reveal of the photos & everything else we had in store. But in addition, I personally wanted to ensure the Cupcake girls had fun & that photographers Stevie & Matt & the Autumn Leaf Studios staff felt that it was all worthwhile. All the hard work from everyone needed a huge thank you from me & this evening was it! It was also, of course, with all of their help, that the night was able to go ahead. The support throughout was just phenomenal.

It was such a buzz to look around the room & see all our friends, family & supporters together, enjoying an evening with us, being happy for us & everything we've achieved. Everyone had a fabulous time & the response to the photos & the preview of our Up Next Studios documentary was overwhelming. The atmosphere was just perfect & the evening flowed beautifully. I sighed a hint of relief when I stepped down from my perch, as the 6 page speech was finally over....& nobody had fallen asleep.

Anyone who puts their heart & soul into creating something will say that they get such a thrill in doing so but that it's other people's enjoyment of your creation that adds that touch of sparkle! The Kennedy Cupcakes have always aimed to bring smiles to the faces of all our audiences & to see my Cupcakes beam as they saw their photos for the first time & to see Stevie & Matt's reaction to everyone's praise & delight...well, that was the icing on the 4th birthday CUPcake for me!

The Kennedy Cupcakes is my baby. Immensely proud & sometimes over protective, it's my job to make sure that we are always true to ourselves & be the best we can be. Last Sunday's post show blues just reminds me of how much I care & that I still have the passion for what I do! And that's all I need to know!

Over & out,

Cupcake Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment